Angelou is a partnership of nine specialist organisations that have come together to support women and girls experiencing domestic or sexual violence and harmful practices across Westminster, Hammersmith & Fulham and Kensington and Chelsea.
Angelou consists of: Advance, Al-Hasaniya, Standing Together Against Domestic Violence, Galop, Woman’s Trust, African Women’s Care, Solace Woman’s Aid, Hestia, Women and Girls Network.
Al Hasaniya will provide with free and confidential support for women and girls experiencing all forms of domestic abuse. This project is a true life line for those who suffer extreme domestic abuse of all sorts.
Our Arabic speaking Advocate we will support women and girls to explore their options, increase their safety and understanding of the criminal justice system and enhance their emotional well-being.
Support can be offered via telephone or face to face- depending on the client’s needs and wishes.
These are the kind of issues we can help with:
- Sexual violence or abuse, including rape and child sexual exploitation
- Domestic abuse, this includes familial as well as partner relations
- Practical issues around housing, finance and contact with social services
- Emotional well-being, problem solving and positive activities
- Supporting you to communicate with other agencies e.g police, courts, housing
- Stalking and harassment
- Harmful practices, such as FGM and honour-based violence
- Faith-based violence
- Support tailored to specific backgrounds and needs, such as ethnicity and sexual orientation
Last year we supported approximately 275 women.